woensdag 5 oktober 2011

Toxic Time

This can be another Silent Scream as well as a Dream of mine.
I guess I'm still in the holiday-mood.
But...that doesn't make the topic of 'Time' less important or the toxicity of Time somewhat weaker.

Again I come to the conclusion that (the concept) Time can be damn toxic.


As long as I can remember I hate planning. I’m no good in planning nor in organizing and in being punctual. I’m always too late. Well, it becomes better.
I truly dislike agendas. I dislike the full agendas of everybody. Everybody’s always busy. And sometimes even I am everybody in this case, or at least somewhat feel like it.
Of course, through the years I’ve also came to realize that planning actually could help me and my chaotic mind. (yeey!)
Help me not to come late, not to hurry.
My enemy became a little friend.

But there’s always the other side of the coin. Where time (planning/managing) becomes toxic...

When I don’t think ‘What time is it?’ so often, I really relax and sleep a lot better.
I was truly happy in the resorts where I stayed on holidays, or when I spent days in the jungle. Just because clocks are missing out there.
It would be so nice just letting your self float through the day, following your bio rhythm or nature’s rhythm without checking the clock every other minute. Just having or living more quality time in stead of quantity time.

This may seem idealistic and irreal, but a little less ‘time-managing’ would be a lot better. For everyone. That’s my opinion.
So….today I threw out the clock!

I threw the clock away, out of the livingroom and removed it from the computer as well. I won’t use an alarmclock when I don’t need to. And don’t worry, my telephone’s not still with me. I hate carrying that thing around, so he’s always been in my bag or roams elsewhere in the house. And I never wore a watch. So, no big job for me. Well, I have to admit I have to get used to it somehow; I’m checking an empty wall now and then, for nothing.


But…for the sake of some peacefullness..
Who’s willing to throw some overflowing clocks away as well?



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten