zondag 27 mei 2012

Between the Meadows

Hi people,

Enjoying the weather? I guess so. I do, definitely.

I'm so thankful that I have my home here, in the countryside.
I grew up in the city, Alkmaar, and I liked it there. Still, I have always dreamed of living life in the countryside. I always dreamed of having my own farmhouse. When I visited a farm of some friend's parents, I felt so good. And I was a lot around horses, so in the countryside as well. I dream of living a life like Mc Leod's Daughters in this tv series. Having my own horse(s) and stuff.
But I don't need to dream. I have everything I wanted, it's all in my hand. I don't live on a farm, but I have a nice home with a real big garden and this all is between the meadows.
A canal behind me. A swimmingpool just on the corner. Whinnying horses. Finally some more whistling birds as well. (the park has more vegetation after some years)
I'm busy creating a little herb garden. Here's a look at it. Still a lot of empty pots to fill...yeey!


I love the french countryside style as well as the English style. But I guess it will be just Wabi Sabi. That gives me rest and that gives me stuff with value. (http://www.simplifylife.nl/pdf/simp-ruimte_wabisabi.pdf)




Enjoy nature and your own homes, people! Have a great summer!

With love, the homester, Shan

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten