donderdag 17 november 2011

So you think you can...

Here something about one of the other Arts that inspire me a lot. It's dance.

I wanted to dedicate one little blog about the tv-show 'So you think you can dance'. Maybe this sounds a little bit lame to you, but in my opinion it is not 'just another talent tv-show'. Of course, there's a whole show built around that programme, but it's a quality (high level) show and the fact is that I just stick with the dancing part in it. And watching the candidats dance for that couple of hours on Sunday evening, makes me feel totally happy. Even more happy than hearing singers sing in a show like 'TVOH' . And I don't know why.
I think I've watched it from the beginning (4 seasons I believe) and I enjoy it every time like crazy. It has something magical sometimes and it's almost undescribable and weird what a good dancing part or choreograph can do to your feelings and well being. Imagine how it would be to actually dance it yourself!
My favorite dances are from the modern choreographer Isabelle Bearnaarts. She actually and happily won the battle with other choreographers in the programme: The Ultimate Dance Battle (also a great show)
My favorite dancers at this moment are Anna Alicia (modern dancer) and Juvat (breakdancer). They will be in the half final this Sunday and I think and hope Anna will win this.
Because you know, not only the dancing itself is what inspires me, but also the dancer's attitude. She, and most dancers, are often so driven, so positive, happy and dedicated. It's wonderful to see these kind of people.





If you truly want something you just have to go for it, try and fail and try...and enjoy. I like this text (from Samuel Beckett):

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter...
try again
fail again
fail better.

I'ts a pity that I didn't continue to dance after I danced as a child (jazzdance). I wish I could be a good dancer. If I didn't had to chose, I definitely would be in a dancing class right now. But I chose to take singing lessons and acting lessons, and that's enough for now.

But one day I will dance. :)



x Shanna

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten