zaterdag 14 juli 2012

Afar

Hi there,

It's been a long time (a month!) since I wrote my last blog.
So much has happened in this month and it's mostly not that great...at all.
The only benefit I got from this all, was that my emotions and a little touch with creativity and music came back. I tried to write new lyrics, but everything is still too overwhelming to order something out in my mind. 
When I looked at my lyrics for 'The Pendant of Mor' again, I had to giggle, 'cos, in hindsight, after these few years of writing them, a lot of them seem kind of autobiographic. And at that time, they were just made up, blown up big time. Now it's reality.
Here's 'Afar'. I wanted to put the song to it in this blog as well, but the demo version that we made in 2009 is really not good enough to put here when I listened to it yesterday. But since it's a good ballad, maybe we will record it again in the future, in a better way. To give it its full drama :)



Afar

How can you leave me?

Where night meets day and land meets shore

On our solid ground we should've walked forevermore

I fear the world without you


Now that my anchor in this life

Has been lifted from the bottom of my soul

I drift away on a lifeless ocean

Of the tears that I shed, I have no goal

To set sail to


And still the clouds remain

Which cover up the bruises, I am ashamed…

I lean on you my only Love

Thought what we have would be enough


Afar from the soul, the body

Except the mind

Afar from you, myself

My sight has vanished, I am left blind

I drift away on a lifeless ocean

Of the tears that I shed, I have no goal

To set sail to





I'd like to give you the URL again where 'The Pendant of Mor' is hiding, and hope you'll read it.

For now, goodbye and hope that I have some inspiration soon again for a new blog.

Shan


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten