maandag 5 december 2011

December will be magic again...!

Hello readers,

Today we have December's first celebration; Sinterklaas. After tonight, he will return to Spain and soon another celebration will follow; Yule/Winter Solstice (21 December) or Christmas. The Winter Solstice is a pagan/wiccan celebration and in some ways the Christian Christmas is like that. The main theme is: darkness versus light, chaos versus order. On this 21st December, we'll have the longest night and shortest day. From that moment on the (day)light will grow; we celebrate the rebirht of the sun . 

Although I attach no real value to Sinterklaas and the Christian way of celebrating Christmas, I secretly do like to celebrate sómething. That will be Winter Solstice on my own and I follow that on the 25st with my loved ones at home.
Today I celebrated Sinterklaas in a different way. No kids involved, no lots of candys and chocolat, no evening with the moon shining through the trees, no jute bag filled with presents. Just me, my friend at noon with two tiny little presents to unwrap. I really liked it to create and buy something. It was just symbolic and a nice gesture. Here's my little present I got from her; a drawing and a heart of glass. :-)







Well, it's kinda early, but I already want to wish you all happy holidays. In whatever form you will celebrate it. Just celebrate the light, whatever that may mean for you.



December's a time of new beginning, previews, exuberancy and inspiration.


December will be...magic again!


Kisses from the Ice Queen ;-)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten