donderdag 12 maart 2015

Untouched Wings

That night
I watched you
Dwelling, rambling, enjoying
I started to fall into you
 
You had my heart
my angel wings
Now here untouched
Left behind, torn apart
 
We're so much alike, you said
don't close the door
Eventually you did
It broke me down to the core
 
What's it with us?
Dwelling in illusions
like black or white
ships stuck in harbor
or lost at sea
 
I had your heart
your angel wings
Were you scared, imprisoned, torn apart?
 
How can we see?
How can we feel?
Without these wings life's unreal
 
A closing gate, you follow me
I turn to you, quite suddenly
With burning heart I hold your head
A kiss, caught off guard, nothing's said
 
I let you go so we can fly
Put my wings back on
say goodbye
Yes, we're so much alike my love

 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten