maandag 10 september 2012

Food Fatigue

Sigh...

Food. I love food and I've always been interested in food and health.
But now I put a hold on the subject, because you can pull it a little bit too far. Not me, exactly, but it's just a whole study on itself. It maybe will be one of the school subjects when I'm heading school again next year (more on that in the future) but it will never be my whole occupation.

My neighbour, whom I recently met, studies orthomolecular medicine and I believe fytotherapy. She's starting her own consulting firm. She's vegan. I find it very interesting. But there's just so much to know and she talks and talks about proteins, bowels and so forth. In the end I'm dizzy of all the information. I did learn from her that , as a vegetarian, I actually dó have to take vitamin B12. I thought I could get it just from my food, walnuts and stuff. Fail.

Then there's my favorite website, which includes all subjects I love. About 'kind' food, 'kind' living and 'kind' parenting. It's called The Kind Life and is made by actress Alicia Silverstone. Check it out! www.thekindlife.com

I'm happy that I have some friends who have the same interest. A while ago I went to some nature shops and local farmers shops, pretty much the first time in  my life. Just to check out and try some new food. Some of them turned out to be really gross (like almond milk, yuk!), some of them really nice. I'll keep on coming there every week to buy good food.

Today I was in the pet shop and asked them if it's really best to give my dog meat in stead of dog chunks. I read some things on BARF, which I now know means Bones And Raw Food. The man actually told me that a dog is no meat eater,  but also needs granes. And in meat (and canned food) there's so much water, it is not that nutricient for dogs. And he also said that it depends on what dog you have (breed, age) and consider in what environment or time he lives in (2012, housedog) so you have to look at this particular dog's needs as well.
Well, another new thing to know, pfff. He said to me that it's not possible to know all necessary things about petfood, if you're a layperson. It's just a whole study on itself. And I guess he's right. But since I want to know what's best food for my dog, I asked him his opinion and I can ask that to the vet as well. Théir profession, not mine. :)
If I want to know what food is best for me, I have to feel what's best for ME ánd check out some professionals in food/vegetarian food. Do good research.

For now, I'm suffering from food fatigue, so I lay this to rest.

Byebye you wolverines! ;)

Here's a video, so wrong...but................ full of food and summer tunes :)


Love, Shan


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten