dinsdag 21 februari 2012

A Mind Full

A mind full of...what?
A mind full of clutter? A mind full of cotton-wool? A mind full of air? A mind full of love? A mind full of hate?
A mind is mostly just full. Never empty. Never calm. Never targeted.



Since two weeks I'm working on it. On mindfulness.

I had the opportunity to take part in a Mindfulness Training. Of course I already knew the concept. I read some books about it and I did a lot of meditation classes in the past years. But never really practised it. Until now. I have to spend minimum of 45 minutes per day on practising it. And it's really not easy, it's hard working. Even if it has the (only) purpose to NOT work, do or change anything. At all.
But it turns out to be pleasant as well to do these exercises daily. In any case it's just half an hour truly, totally for yourself alone. No one else owns that moment or can break into that moment. And if thát wouldn't be enough, in addition I finally experience the value of being mindful. Sigh.



I'm also excited about two books that I read. And since I decided to share more instead of keeping things to myself, I now list these books. I hope you'll inform me as well about yóur favorite books.

* De creatiespiraal - Marinus Knoope (about realising your dreams/wishes and plans)
* The Secret of Shambhala - James Redfield (love áll his novels. It's about the spiritual evolution of the human being) I truly thank my 'aunt' Leida, for just randomly (?) giving me this book which I still needed to read someday.

Well, I'll finish this blog with a puzzle. It has something to do with widen your field of vision. With looking good, thinking different.

PUZZLE:

- Connect the nine points with only four lines. Keep your pen on the paper.

Good luck!







A mindful greeting,

Shan

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten